CareDirect provides a professional assessment to identify problems and areas of concerns, develop a plan of care to address these issues, coordinate appropriate interventions, monitor and periodically re-evaluate the interventions.
Caring for someone who is aging can be challenging, especially when you are trying to manage the demands of your own life. Consultation with a geriatric care manager may be appropriate when:
- There is limited family support
- You are a long-distance caregiver
- Understanding about services available is limited
- Complex medical or psychological issues need to be addressed.
- Challenging behaviors associated with dementia are present.
- The safety of the current living arrangement is questionable.
- You are feeling overwhelmed and alone in your efforts to help.
- You have limited time to devote to coordinating care or feel lost in your efforts.
- You need an advocate.
- Family tension is high due to lack of agreement about care decisions.
And sometimes, you just need the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are on the right track. Call Janice Duffin at CareDirect to discuss your specific situation.